We are pleased to announce our grand opening with our new location in N Kihei.…
Ticket options are available for HFUU members and general public (ages 13+). There are also optional add-ons you can purchase for camping and meals. If you are not a member of HFUU and would like to be visit: https://hfuuhi.org/members/ not only will you get amazing ticket prices you become a part of a larger network in Hawai‘i that stands for regenerative agriculture and affiliated with the National Farmers Union with an abundance of benefits.
All ticket funds go towards supporting family farmers through education, collaboration and legislation across the state of Hawai‘i.
Mahalo nui to Bobby Pahia and ohana for opening Hawai‘i Taro Farm in Waikapū, Maui to the community for this year’s convention. It’s going to be one to remember! Our intention is to share with each other and the greater community all we have learned about regenerative agriculture, culture and ohana. Join us for this one-of-a-kind event to connect with your local family farmers and supporters across the state. Talk story, learn how to regenerate the land where you live, participate in Hawaiian cultural practices and be a part of a growing ohana – people who understand the importance of aloha ‘āina.
Everyday we will have live music and delicious local food! There will also be two booths that feature agricultural vendors and agriculture education/resources. Please note this agenda is a general overview of the convention and may be changed or altered.
Friday, December 2, 2022 12pm – Sundown
- Welcome & Keynote from HFUU President Anny Bruch and Bobby Pahia of Hawai‘i Taro Farm
- Farm Tour of Lā Kāhea, a 300- acre parcel in Waikapū, Maui that is shared with 23 other local farmers/families all coming from different ethnic backgrounds.
- Get to know your HFUU Chapters, 15 across the state and counting!
- Special Imu Workshop with Ho’omana Farms, with dinner coming Saturday night.
- Stargazing with Astronomer Harriet Witt
- Live Music with Kaina Kountry
Saturday, December 3, 2022 Sunrise – Sundown
- Sunrise Beach Hawaiian Culture Protocol (Kihei, HI)
- Restoring Loko I‘a (Kihei, HI)
- Keynote with HFUU Hāna Chapter President Fawn Helekahi
- Korean Natural Farming Workshop with Drake Weinert
- HFUU Policy Discussion with Saleh Azizi
- Vermicompost Workshop with The Seeking Root Farm
- Foodhub & Farmers Market Panel Discussion
- HFUU President Election
- Ava Ceremony
- Open Mic
Sunday, December 4, 2022 Sunrise – 4pm
- La‘i Lei Workshop
- Policy Discussion continued
- Malama ‘āina